Meth Drug Testing Kits
Drug testing kits are an easy and reliable way to tell if your family member or staff member has taken drugs recently. We have both oral and urine at home test kits. Drugs of Abuse (DOA) are common in today’s society. They are considered a “party drug” and accepted in a lot of circles as the norm. Youth Support and Advocacy reported that the increased availability of Ice meant more needed to be done to deal with the issue and that most young people they work with between the ages of 12 to 15 are still school and family connected.
Generally, they start using alcohol and cannabis and cross over to Ice (Methamphetamine). Drugs of abuse are defined as illegal or prescription medicines (ie Oxycodone or Valium) that are taken for a non-medical purpose. Note that medications that are taken as prescribed under your doctors’ instructions are not considered drugs of abuse.
Drug Testing Kits for Home Use
Using drug testing kits at home to maintain privacy can be a convenient way to deal with someone affected by drugs. There are a variety of drug testing kits available on the market. Some are for a single Drugs of Abuse and others cover a variety of the most common drugs. Drug testing kits for home use can be either and Oral (or saliva) Test or a Urine Test. Both tests are extremely easy to use and have easy to follow instructions.
Qualitative tests such as Oral (or saliva) Tests give you a quick answer for yes/no readings that the participant has drugs of abuse in their system. They can sit with you whilst the tests are being taken so there can be no tampering of the test cassette or the fluid reading from. Urine tests are more often used in work situations or situations where the participant giving the sample can be monitored when supplying it.
What Can Drug Test Kits Find
The most common drugs that these test for are Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, Marijuana (THC), Cocaine (Crack), Heroin (Opiates). The Australian Standards demand that we test with particular “cut off levels” of the drug in your system. These levels are measured in nanograms per millilitre. It is also used by labs as a unit of measure for test results. These cut off levels are also in place to make allowance for passive smoking etc.
The cut off levels for oral test kits
- Opiates (50ng/mL)
- Amphetamine type Stimulants (50ng/mL)
- r9 Tetrahydrocannabinol – THC (25ng/mL)
- Cocaine and Metabolites (50ng/mL)
The cut off levels for urine test kits
- Amphetamine Type Stimulants (300ug/L)
- Benzodiazepines (200ug/L)
- Cannabis Metabolites (50 ug/L)
- Cocaine Metabolites (300 ug/L)
- Opiates (300 ug/L)
If you require a more detailed breakdown of how the Australian/NZ Standards work these are the standards you will be required to look up / download.
We are often asked how long drugs stay in your system and when to best test for them:
|Drug||Positive Reading Length||Wait to Test After Taking Drug|
|Marijuana||1-7 Days||1-3 Hours|
|Cocaine||2-3 Days||2-6 Hours|
|Opiates||1-3 Days||2-6 Hours|
|2-3 Days||4-6 Hours|
Being that Marijuana and Meth are the two easiest and most affordable party drugs on the market they are generally the drug of choice by both younger people and adults who work in the mining industry. When it was realised that meth came out of the system and was undetectable much faster than marijuana, its popularity escalated. The above table is an overview, not a hard fact. It is also dependant on the amount of drugs you have taken, over what period of time and whether it is an ongoing habit or a party binge.
Why You Might Need A Home Meth Drug Test Kit
Do you have a child and there are worries around:
- Who they are hanging out with
- Changes in personality
- Suddenly starts suffering from a lot of “cold like” symptoms
- Appears to not sleep as well as they used to
- Have lost a great amount of weight very quickly.
Then you may wonder if there are drugs involved. This is a fairly natural assumption these days and it is now easy to test in the privacy of your own home by ordering an at home drug test kit. Maybe your adult partner has some or all of the above or:
- You have found “plastic baggies” amongst their items
- They are spending longer periods of time in the toilet or bathroom
- Are struggling at work and needing to do later and later nights
If you are unsure and require a quick instant confirmation with a yes or no answer, then home testing kits are for you.
How to Use Our Drug Test Kits
Simple easy to use kits available to you at home.
- Check the expiry date on the back of the pack.
- Open the test cassette and remove from packaging.
- Remove the cap from the top of the test cassette.
- There is a “wick”, place this under your tongue and hold the cassette between your teeth.
- Allow the saliva to pool under your tongue and be absorbed by the wick.
- The saliva will travel up the wick to the cassette unit, you will be able to see it moving up the cassette window, when it is to the top of the cassette window, you will be able to clearly see lines across the test cassette. If a line shows, you are negative to the drug beside it, if no line shows, you are positive to the drug listed beside that space.
Urine Test Kits
- Check the expiry date on the back of the pack.
- Open the packaging and remove the cup.
- Take to the bathroom, remove the cap from the cup.
- Urinate into the toilet collecting the specimen midstream if possible.
- Replace the cap on the cup.
- Wash hands and wait whilst the urine travels up the test strips on the side of the cup.
- Read the results as per the instructions supplied with the cup.